If you haven’t noticed my tortoises are practically my children. I went from having a chameleon, 2 box turtles, 2 tortoises, and a rabbit to just having 2 tortoises. (We still have the rabbit, but he is living at the in laws in Dallas.) I love all animals, but nothing will replace my love for turtles/tortoises. They are the best pet, in my opinion. (Although dogs and cats come in a close 2nd!) They require little attention, they are low maintenance, and they are fun to watch.
A little about my torts:
- They are called African Spurred tortoises, AKA Sulcata tortoises.
- They love romaine, even though they shouldn’t eat it all the time.
- They like to climb.
- They love it when I take them outside.
- I call one Mr. Fatty because he will eat anything & I mean it! (I caught him trying to eat dog poop one day! Gross!)
- They get up to 200 lbs! I kid you not!
- They are the 3rd largest tortoise in the world.
- They can live up to 150 years!